Monday, February 16, 2026

Date Night in Milwaukee

Last night involved dinner and a show at the local Improv. Let's take the show first so I can end on a positive note. 

Apparently, we missed an earlier "perfomance" that indeed featured The Office trivia competition. (I studied in advance). My wife and I shelled out over a hundred bucks to this experience.

We had to settle instead for stand up acts from one of the recurring guest stars on The Office and his warm up act.* Both of these guys could've made the late Larry Flynt blush. Maybe one day, I'll understand why raw sexual humor amuses people, particularily when it's the whole act. No imagination. Now, I'll pivot to something that was actually satisfying...

The pizza we had at a nearby restaurant before the show was DELICIOUS and I'm extremely picky about pizza. Of all the times that I've been to New York City; I've never actually tried NY style pizza until last night at Grimaldi's in Brookfield, Wisconsin. I'll be back. 

*My email sent the next morning to the Improv general mailbox with a cc to the manager at this place was ignored. I would have given them another try. Lesson for entertainment merchants: even if you disagree with customer complaint, ignoring a respectfully-composed one, is weak and dumb.

snip from Grimaldi's website

The Overpriced Fiduciary. Revisiting How We Pay for Financial Advice (published 3/20/2026 on Substack)

  The Overpriced Fiduciary. Revisiting How We Pay for Financial Advice The practice of paying a financial advisor a percentage of assets...